Homemade Mmf

Decorating By nikki1273 Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 9:25pm by imagenthatnj

nikki1273 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 4

Need some assistance.....can someone please tell me how long homemade MMF can be stored and the best way to store this. Also if I make embellishments (such as flowers) out of MMF mixed with tylose how far in advance can they be made and what is the best way to store these? Thanks in advance.

3 replies
KarolynAndrea Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 12:00am
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure how long MMF can be stored because I use so much of it. But I found that the best way to store it is wrapped in plastic, then in an airtight container. I have thrown it in a container without wrapping it up and it dries out faster. And if I were making flowers with MMF/tylose, I would make them up to 2 weeks in advance and store them on a cookie sheet so they really dry and get stiff. HTH

nikki1273 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 4

Very helpful.....thanks!

imagenthatnj Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 4

3) You can store the MMF at room temperate for about 3 months, in the fridge for a couple months or in the freezer for a very long time. Just keep it wrapped and let it come to room temperature before using it. If really hard, zap in microwave for about 10 secs to soften it slightly then knead by hand.

(NOTE #3 from HERE)

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%