Warden Retirement Cake -- Need Ideas!!

Decorating By nhbaker Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 5:02am by cakerookie8915

nhbaker  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 3

Have a customer that wants me to do a retirement cake for her dad. He's is prison warden. She was thinking a jail break theme but he'd be the one breaking out. We aslo tossed around the Monopoly "get of jail" card theme. She says he got a good sense of humor so she wants something silly.

I'm completely drawing a blank -- anyone have any ideas?

2 replies
 cownsj  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 3

I'm picturing a jail cell in the center of the room, so to speak. And I see the bulldog they used to use in the old time comedies. The bulldog has on the black and white stripe prison suit and hat. Kinda like this guy: http://www.buycostumes.com/browse/_/N-/Ntt-Prisoner-Dog-Costume/ProductDetail+costumes/results1.aspx?AID=10425830&PID=3569507
If you put him in the jail, he could be holding the tin cup, running it back and forth across the jail bars.

Maybe incorporate bread and water. Oh, a large cake of a couple pieces of stacked bread. A tin cup next to it with water and him climbing out of the cup, prison uniform on, ball and chain attached to his ankle.

cakerookie8915  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerookie8915 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 5:02am
post #3 of 3

How about a chainlink fence topped with barb wire with a little man in a gaurd uniform climbing over it and gaurds or prisoners trying to pull him back in. You could have a guard tower. or a spot light with a mans silouette tiptoeing. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%