Warden Retirement Cake -- Need Ideas!!

Decorating By nhbaker Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 5:02am by cakerookie8915

nhbaker Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 3

Have a customer that wants me to do a retirement cake for her dad. He's is prison warden. She was thinking a jail break theme but he'd be the one breaking out. We aslo tossed around the Monopoly "get of jail" card theme. She says he got a good sense of humor so she wants something silly.

I'm completely drawing a blank -- anyone have any ideas?

2 replies
cownsj Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 3

I'm picturing a jail cell in the center of the room, so to speak. And I see the bulldog they used to use in the old time comedies. The bulldog has on the black and white stripe prison suit and hat. Kinda like this guy: http://www.buycostumes.com/browse/_/N-/Ntt-Prisoner-Dog-Costume/ProductDetail+costumes/results1.aspx?AID=10425830&PID=3569507
If you put him in the jail, he could be holding the tin cup, running it back and forth across the jail bars.

Maybe incorporate bread and water. Oh, a large cake of a couple pieces of stacked bread. A tin cup next to it with water and him climbing out of the cup, prison uniform on, ball and chain attached to his ankle.

cakerookie8915 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 5:02am
post #3 of 3

How about a chainlink fence topped with barb wire with a little man in a gaurd uniform climbing over it and gaurds or prisoners trying to pull him back in. You could have a guard tower. or a spot light with a mans silouette tiptoeing. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%