Super Rookie Question-Pastry Bags

Decorating By VCVCCupcakes Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 1:52am by cheatize

VCVCCupcakes Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 7

Where can I get really big disposable pastry bags and tips to fit them and what are they called???

Sorry for such a rookie question. I do a lot of cupcakes and after refilling a bag 5x it gets pretty gross and greasy and I am annoyed.

Thanks for the help.


6 replies
Sam_paggers Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 7

I buy my decorating bags on ebay, imported from China.... i think the last bunch was 100 bags for £3.99 (before shipping), this way i dont have to worry about washing and re-using. I did have some re-useable bags but split a few when trying to clean them so gave up!

Not sure what tips you mean but disposable bags all the way!


paula0712 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 7

I get my Wilton 16" bags and star tip (1M) from Michaels. Bulk Barn carries them as well. Or you could just make them from parchment paper triangles. HTH

VCVCCupcakes Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 7

I was not sure if the Bigger size bags required larger tips. I see the big big bags on TV shows. I have seen Bronwyn Webber use them I think.

cheatize Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 12:12am
post #5 of 7

All bags should come without a hole- reusable or disposable. You cut the end to fit the coupler.

kimbm04r Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 1:24am
post #6 of 7

Have you seen the "frosting plug" thread on the Cake Decorating forum? This is a really great way to add more icing to the pastry bags. The first time I used it, I was hooked.


cheatize Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 1:52am
post #7 of 7

Oh, gosh! I forgot all about that! I should have done that last week, darn it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%