How Do I Make Closed Eyes On My Fondant Figurine??

Decorating By jones5cm Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 12:34pm by jones5cm

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 9

I just posted a photo of the MMF with Tylose figurine of a boy playing the drums very enthusiasticallyicon_smile.gif I was working on it last night; but I can't seem to figure out how to make/draw his eyes so that they will look closed (but still make him have a 'happy' look on his face). when I sketch it out...he just looks angry or painedicon_sad.gif - not what I'm going for at all!) Can anyone please help?

8 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 9

I used this http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=18206&name=JEM%20Tool%2012%20-%20Petal%20Veiner/Friller/Mouth%20Tool to make the eyes closed on Dr. Seuss Thing1 and Thing2 figures. If you don't have that tool, you could probably just use the same thing you used to make the semi-circles for the cheeks.

Of course, that probably won't work now since your figure is most like too dry to use it??

jones5cm Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks so much for your suggestion! and yes, it's dry now but I think I may have time to re-do the head. I couldn't find your Dr. Seuss examples in your photos; but absolutely love your work!!
Thanks again!

jammjenks Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 9

It's not in my gallery and I think there's a problem with posting pictures on these threads??

I'll send you a pm

jammjenks Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5cm

but absolutely love your work!!
Thanks again!

Where are my manners? icon_redface.gif Thank you so much for your compliment. icon_smile.gif

jones5cm Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 9

Here's the link to my finished drummer boy cake.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2015676/
Thanks so much for your input jammjenks!!
I just love this siteicon_smile.gif I feel like my skill level has improved by leaps and bounds in just a little over a year since joining!!
Thanks again,
Chris

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 9:45am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5cm

Here's the link to my finished drummer boy cake.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2015676/
Thanks so much for your input jammjenks!!
I just love this siteicon_smile.gif I feel like my skill level has improved by leaps and bounds in just a little over a year since joining!!
Thanks again,
Chris

Great job icon_smile.gif

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 10:10pm
post #8 of 9

You did such a good job on this cake and the figure! I really wanted to offer help on the eyes, but I have never tried it before. I'm glad someone was able to help you out!

jones5cm Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:34pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks anyway debbief!
Funny thing is just yesterday (after delivering the cake this past weekend of courseicon_smile.gif while looking thru the uploads of the day here on CC, I found a cake with the exact eyes that I was searching for! it was called Rotating Princess by ThreeLittleBlackBirds. I had received a PM from seedrv last week who told me about adding a little ball of flesh for the lids and then the black slits at the bottom. Mine's not near the quality of ...Birds; but at least now I know the trickicon_smile.gif
Thanks again for all your help and compliments
Chris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%