Shipping 60 Cookies...help!

Baking By cberget504 Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 12:39am by cberget504

cberget504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cberget504 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 6

So I've never shipped cookies before.. i've seen different things about shipping like 6 or 12 cookies but what about 60??? any ideas on how to do this? Is this going to cost the price of a small child to ship??
HELP HELP HELP!!
Thanks!

5 replies
Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 6

could you box up a dozen or so in smaller boxes and pack them into one bigger box with packaging/buffers between the boxes? Maybe depending on the customer could you throw in a few extras in case of breakage?

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 6
Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 6

I don't know how to ship either but I recently had a client that asked for them to be boxed so that she could ship them.

What I did was make little baggies out of bubble wrap a little larger than the packaged cookie. I had a 10"x10"x2" flat box which held anywhere from 5 to 8 4" sized cookies when wrapped. I lined each box with colored tissue paper for presentation. There was a little tissue used for padding on the bottom of the box as well. I placed each cookie in the box, in its little bubble wrap baggie. Any space that was left in the box was filled with a little tissue paper as well. I folded over the top tissue and sealed the box closed with my sticker and ribbon. If shaken the box box didn't make a sound.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 6

Shipping cookies is easy (although terrifying your first time)

I'm assuming these are decorated cookies.
Individually wrap each one in a bag,
Put a couple layers of bubble wrap, or a layer of packing peanuts in the bottom of your box.
put one layer of cookies, then a layer of bubble wrap
continue layering until you're cookies are all in or your box is full.
Make sure to leave room around the edges for peanuts and add as you fill your box.

Then put a layer of bubble wrap and peanuts on the top and package.

If you're concerned about cost you can use the one price for any weight that the USPS has, but i find for cookies it's cheaper to use my own box and then ship by weight. They don't weigh that much.

cberget504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cberget504 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 12:39am
post #6 of 6

so you think if i put bubble wrap between all the cookies i can ship all 60 cookies in one box?? or should i do 2 boxes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%