-Icing & Decorating A Cake.

Decorating By EvangelineHelen Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 6:25pm by EvangelineHelen

EvangelineHelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvangelineHelen Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hello icon_smile.gif

I live in the UK, am 15 years old and just starting out in cake decorating. I was wondering if your guys could answer some of my many questions and give as many tips as possible icon_wink.gif

- Ok... so I am going to try and model some chickens for a birthday cake in May and not totally sure on what type of icing is best for the job.
Help would be deeply appreciated.

Evangeline Helen thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
wiggler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wiggler Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Evangiline , and welcome to CC . Ive been a member for a couple of months and learned loads here . For your chickens I would suggest you use sugar flower paste ( the Americans call it gumpaste ) , or just use fondant mixed with a little tylo powder . You can also use modelling chocolate but you might be best to try one of the others first . I find it easier anyway . You will find loads of tutorials on youtube and Google and here on CC . Good luck with the baking ! Its a great hobby . icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 4

You could use rolling fondant mixed with tylose powder, marzipan, or modeling chocolate.

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-make-modeling-chocolate.html

EvangelineHelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvangelineHelen Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both. You have been a great help. icon_smile.gif
I will see what I can get hold of and try a few chickens, in different materials, and let you know how it goes! icon_lol.gif can't wait! icon_biggrin.gif

Evangeline Helen thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%