Cake Pop Issues

Baking By ataylormadecake Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 11:47pm by ataylormadecake

ataylormadecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ataylormadecake Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 8

I am having problems with my chocolate coating always being too thick and not giving a smooth finish. I am also having problems with the moisture from inside building up and softening the chocolate coating and oozing out. I am using the Wilton's chocolate to coat with, but have also used almond bark in the past. Is it the chocolate I am using or am I doing something else wrong? Help!

7 replies
Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 8

The quality of chocolate could be a factor but I use almond bark and wilton's often with no problems. After you melt the chocolate, add in a tsp. or so of veg. oil and stir. Continue to thin out with oil until you reach the desired thickness of chocolate. I usually add quite a bit until I have it nice and thin.

TracyFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyFace Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 8

I always add a little shortening to my coating to thin it up a little bit, and I think that also helps w/ the smooth finish. Just add a little shortening at a time, until it's thinned to your liking. I've never had an issue w/ the moisture, so I'm sorry, I'll be no help there! But good luck!!

zacl01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zacl01 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 8

The had isues with the cake oozing out and the problem was a combination of the chocolate being too hot and the pops being too cold. Hope that helps.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

I am also having problems with the moisture from inside building up and softening the chocolate coating and oozing out.

It also sounds like your dough is way to wet! I dont understand how it can soften the chocolate! These are my business, and I have never heard of that!

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 8

Well, cake pops aren't my business but I HAVE had the issue with the oozing as well. You will need to wait until the cake part warms up a little bit, you can't put the chocolate directly on the frozen or cold pop. When I did that, the chocolate part cracked and it looked like oil was oozing out. HTH!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 8

I have dont them from frozen. All the time infact....... hm. could it be the wilton melts?

ataylormadecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ataylormadecake Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 11:47pm
post #8 of 8

thanks for all the helpful tips. I will try them out and make some adjustments and see what happens.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%