Making A Fishing Boat Cake For 25-30 Ppl, What Size?

Decorating By Donny13 Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 1:42pm by Donny13

Donny13 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys, ive been looking all over for a subject on this but havent found anything. This weekend i have to deliver a boat cake, its for 25 ppl, i was wondering what size i should start with, or shape for that matter, my first instinct is to use a 9X13 and carv it from that, but then i saw Buddy on cake boss do it with round cakes? Any advice on which is a better carving for that amount of ppl and what size to start with. Thank you so much, i welcome any and all advice you can give me!

3 replies
Marianna46 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:20am
post #2 of 4

A 9" x 13" sheet cake will serve 24-25 people BEFORE carving, so it would probably be too small. Maybe you could start with an 11" x 15" and cut it from there? Depending on the shape of the boat, you could also start from a round cake, but it seems to me you'd be wasting a lot more in the carving process. Of course, my philosophy is that leftover cake is a good thing, because my family always wants samples of everything and, besides, where would I ever get the basic ingredients for my cake balls!

MrsMoe07 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 3:04am
post #3 of 4

I saw this episode today. He put the boat on a sheet cake so that would add to your servings.

Donny13 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 4

Very helpful, thank you, i hadnt thougth about that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%