What Is A Smash Cake?

Decorating By Redness82 Updated 18 Apr 2011 , 3:34pm by indydebi

Redness82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redness82 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 5

Hello!

I am a newbie, and I have seen this term around the site. I was looking at new/most saved cake pictures, and several had this term.

Thanks!!

Redness

4 replies
Jody130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jody130 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 5

Normally referred to a smaller version of a 1st birthday cake, given to the birthday boy or girl, to eat on birthday

Redness82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redness82 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 5

Ahh.. yes... Makes so much sense now! I completely knew that! Is it bad my brain is fried on a Monday??

Thanks so much! icon_razz.gif

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 5

A smash cake is a small cake, usually a cupcake or 4 in. cake given to a baby at their first birthday. Its called a smash cake because that what it ends up looking like. It's accompanied by a "real cake" for the rest of the party goers.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 5

and I hate the term "smash" associated with anything food (another reason I can't stand watching R. Ray!). It gives me a visual of people smashing food against a wall before I eat it. icon_eek.gif

"In MY day......!" (she said with an aged grin!) the kid got a piece of cake cut from the main (and ONLY) cake at the party. It never crossed anyone's mind that a one year old, who has no idea what's going on, needed their own separate cake. I mean, its not like the kid was going to dive in, hands first, to the BIG cake or something! (big sigh!)

But then again ..... remember, that I think parents turn into jello-ized idiots when it comes to first birthday parties anyway! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%