Help> New To This. Cutting Tierd Cake W/cardboard

Decorating By merlove Updated 18 Apr 2011 , 12:11pm by jammjenks

merlove Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 11:07am
post #1 of 3

Hey all, i am new to this and i want to get my business started but im reviewing things and i see when you make a tierd cake you sometimes put cardboard circles under each layer. How do you cut the cake if there is cardboard???

thanks

2 replies
ramie7224 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 11:44am
post #2 of 3

Well, each tier should always be on it's own board and there needs to be support (such as dowels, tea straws, SPS) as well. You cut the cake just like you would any other. You treat the cardboard just like a plate- you don't cut through it. The knife stops at the cardboard and you remove the slice- when the cake is gone, throw the cardboard away.

On another note- if you are really thinking about opening a business you should really make sure you have a good grip on the basics of cake making, stacking, and support before you go any further. This site will help you a lot, but it requires a lot of practice, practice, practice.

jammjenks Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie7224

Well, each tier should always be on it's own board and there needs to be support (such as dowels, tea straws, SPS) as well. You cut the cake just like you would any other. You treat the cardboard just like a plate- you don't cut through it. The knife stops at the cardboard and you remove the slice- when the cake is gone, throw the cardboard away.

On another note- if you are really thinking about opening a business you should really make sure you have a good grip on the basics of cake making, stacking, and support before you go any further. This site will help you a lot, but it requires a lot of practice, practice, practice.

This! All of this..100%. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%