Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Cake Central!!!!!

Baking By texastj Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 5:10pm by texastj

texastj Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 9

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here on this site. If it wasn't for your posts, comments, and advice, I wouldn't have been able to pull this off. I just completed an order of 300 cupcakes with 10 different flavors for two different events on the same day. It was exhausting, chaotic, and exciting all at the same time. My first huge order and I pulled it off and they asked for me next year as well icon_biggrin.gif Yay!!!!

8 replies
sugarspice Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 9

Congratulations!! What a great feeling. I agree, this site is very helpful. Best part of all....now you KNOW you can do it!! Keep up the good work!

cupcake_cutie Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 9

Congratulations! icon_smile.gif

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 9

300 cupcakes with 10 different flavors for two different events on the same day? That is a lot of different flavors to have to bake all at the same time..Good for you! thumbs_up.gif Congrats on your accomplishment!! icon_biggrin.gif

stevieleannescupcakes Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:40am
post #5 of 9

Congratulations! That sounds very challenging! I have just descovered this website and it seems really helpful icon_smile.gif

Nusi Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 8:03am
post #6 of 9

congrates im sure it was great icon_smile.gif

JGMB Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 9

Wow, just thinking of making that many flavors of cupcakes wore me out! icon_wink.gif Hooray for you -- you should be very proud of yourself!!!! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 9

Wow, I don't think I could come up with 10 different flavors icon_smile.gif
Did you use any 'way out there' flavors? Like we see on 'Cupcake Wars' icon_smile.gif
And how in the world did you have enough room to do such a job?

YOU'RE GOOD GIRL lol

texastj Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 5:10pm
post #9 of 9

Thanx guys for your responses!!!! Sorry I didn't respond quicker.... we were on vacay for Spring Break. But yes 300 cupcakes was hard work. I over cooked some, under cooked others, it was crazy icon_eek.gif I think I was a little frazzled. Then I premade piping plugs for the frostings and when they defrosted they seperated, so I had to mix them all over again so it can emulsify. Anyhoo, it's really not hard to come up with 10 different flavors. It usually starts with a basic cake base, then build from there. For example a chocolate cake can have various fillings, frostings, and toppings to acheive a wide variety of flavor combinations.

I'm just so very grateful for this site because there is so much information here. I really can't say that I am self taught when I am learning so much from all of you. In a way, you guys are like my teachers. So thank you icon_biggrin.gif I hope to learn so much more.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%