Butter/extract In Bc

Baking By yummy Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 4:40pm by Purpleivey

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 6:56am
post #1 of 5

A few years ago I made almond bc; there was butter/shortening in the recipe. It made my bc taste more like butter almond (to my taste buds anyway, lol). Have anyone else experience butter or butter extract altering the taste of some of your flavored bc? Do you think butter extract or butter will alter the taste of pina colada bc?

4 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 5

I don't understand. Butter flavor should alter the taste. It should taste like butter. If it overwhelmed the almond then it sounds like you either put too much butter flavoring in or not enough almond flavoring.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 5

I agree w/the other poster.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 5

Actually, I tasted the almond it just tasted like butter almond; it reminded me of the Breyers ice cream.

Purpleivey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Purpleivey Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 5

I wouldn't use the butter flavoring in pina colada icing, it will either overpower or not mix well with the other flavors. The only time I use butter extract is in my basic buttercream recipe and then I only use 1/2 tsp and 1/2 tsp vanilla. If I am making a flavored icing I leave it out and concentrate on the flavor I am trying to achieve. Butter extract has a strong flavor so all you need is a little bit. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%