Why Icecream And Coffee Shops And Not Cakes!

Lounge By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 3:00pm by warchild

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 3:18am
post #1 of 2

So I have been in the mood to visit a cupcake shop / bakery for some treats, however this urge does not hit me until 4-6pm. I would love to have some dinner and then go for a lil treat.

you can do this at an icecream shop, but not a cupcake shop, someone said well b/c they bake all morning ... but coffee shops are open late ( I know this b/c I use to be young and I use to go out to the movies - yrs ago and we would stop by the coffee shop for some hot cocoa, ect) and they are up early in the AM, brewing

so tonight we went to the icecream shop... I could have spent my money at a bakery if they were open. I could have ran to the grocery store and seen what they had in the case, but I wanted to be out of the house and enjoy my treat at a store front

1 reply
warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 2

Well...
Most cupcake and bakery bakers, get up very early and head off to bake, shape, and decorate tons of stuff, so they'll have enough goodies ready for opening and to last them until closing.
If cupcake shops and bakeries stayed open in the evenings, the bakers would end up with baker burnout. Once they reached baker burnout, they'd quit the cupcake shops and bakeries to find jobs they wouldn't be slaving away 24/7.
Soooo, all in all, we have to be fair to the bakers by giving them decent working hours, or no cupcake shop or bakery would have any staff! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%