Mocha Wasc

Baking By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 21 Apr 2011 , 8:35am by shaekae81

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 2:32am
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone! Has anyone used the WASC recipe to make a chocolate mocha cake? I was wondering how to give it good coffee flavor? I read that adding instant coffee to chocolate cake just makes it more chocolatey, and I don't want to miss the coffee flavor. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 2:43am
post #2 of 7

If you want MORE coffee flavor, add lots of instant coffee to the liquid until it's quite strong... icon_smile.gif

And using a coffee frosting is another way to add the desired flavor to your cake.

HTH

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 2:59am
post #3 of 7

Thanks Jan! I should mix the instant coffee in my liquid before pouring the liquid in? I'm trying to do like a macchiato type cake, mocha cake and ganache & caramel filling. Yum

JanH Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 3:02am
post #4 of 7

Yes, I would dissolve the instant coffee in hot water (so you don't wind up with any undissolved crunchy coffee granules). Let the mixture cool and use as usual in your WASC recipe.

HTH

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 3:48am
post #5 of 7

Awesome! I think it will be great! Thanks again!

JanH Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 8:06am
post #6 of 7

You're welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

shaekae81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaekae81 Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 8:35am
post #7 of 7

I agree - just add a lot of the instant coffee...you could even brew strong coffee and then add more of the instant. Baking tends to make the coffee taste milder for some reason. Making an icing with a coffee flavor would help to eliminate that problem and make the coffee more dominant in the cake, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%