Decorating By leah_s Updated 16 Apr 2011 , 6:07am by aundrea

heather208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather208 Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:09am
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ62798

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather208

I finished and delivered my grandmothers dutch delft blue and tulip cake this evening (in my pics), she loved it....I love her =) Now on to an Easter Basket cake for a very good friend of mine. Any tips on how to make a baby chick look fluffy?

Is the chickie fondant or BC?

I just watched a "Hop" food challenge and one of the competitors did the chicks from the movie. She scratched all over the yellow fondant w/a fork to give it texture and then airbrushed a slightly darker yellow. I think she added either luster dust or sanding sugar over that--she called the process flocking.

For BC, could you use a grass tip and then sanding sugar on that?

Kristy

Oh! I like the grass tip idea! Ha! Im such a newbie! Thanks!

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:18am
post #32 of 37

Unfortunately no. I guess I will just have to stay up all night and cut everything out of fondant. The image is of several kids of different ethnic backgrounds and disabilities. I am doing a cake for the local childrens center and they are having a big fundraiser / open house tomorrow. Wish me luck.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:21am
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickeyC

Unfortunately no. I guess I will just have to stay up all night and cut everything out of fondant. The image is of several kids of different ethnic backgrounds and disabilities. I am doing a cake for the local childrens center and they are having a big fundraiser / open house tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Could you do a frozen BC transfer? Maybe trace the original image?

It could freeze overnight & be ready for you in the AM. You would get at least a little sleep.

Hang in there & good luck.

Kristy

StacyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyN Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:41am
post #34 of 37

I'm still working on my son's Angry Birds birthday cake! Arggg I'm exhausted! I will be so happy when its over...which will be at 3pm on Sunday! haha I have all the little green pigs, two of the birds and all the eggs, wood, dynamite and the slingshot done! Only about 5 more birds to go! I hate this stupid game even more now! LOL
Also, I woke up at 3am in a panic today because I forgot that I was supposed to make 6 dozen cookies for my son's 4th grade class today by 1pm! I didnt start baking at 3am I managed to go back to sleep and then started at 7am and then dropped them off at 1 right on time!! I'm ready for this day to be over!

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:54am
post #35 of 37

I just finished a small wedding cake for tomorrow...I like it just the way it is - but tomorrow, when I deliver, I have a feeling that the mother of the groom will be adding a topper, flowers and ribbons and who knows what other kind of crap to it. I'll take and post pictures tomorrow. Hopefully, the MOG will use some restraint...I'll try to steer her away from adding too much crappola to the poor little cake. The wedding is for a really weird guy and a real-live mail order bride!!! she just flew in from Thailand last week and she left all the wedding plans up to the MOG icon_lol.gif

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 6:00am
post #36 of 37

Kristy I think I'm gonna go to bed and get up early enough in the a.m. to go to FC. I really hate that they messed it up. I could have been done by now. I guess I will go to bed now because I am also supposed to participate in the walk-a-thon that they are having tomorrow.
Good night all of my CC friends.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 6:07am
post #37 of 37

countrycakes- so happy you got safely home. once i almost hit a deer.
i understand how you are feeling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%