300 Cupcakes Which Four Flavors?

Baking By cakelace Updated 18 Apr 2011 , 6:42pm by Takeelah

cakelace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelace Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 6

I am going to make 300 cupcakes for a large gathering and I need 4 flavors- I want a little wow, a little plain, a little chocolate, and a little different. Any ideas or suggestions?
So far I think the plain or chocolate category can be filled with yellow cake and chocolate frosting.
But then I was wondering if that would be enough chocolate or should I also have chocolate cake.
My wow- maybe a ricotta cupcake with strawberry filling and strawberry buttercream- I want at least one with a filling.
I do need the icing to hold up b/c I do not have room to store 300 cupcakes in my fridge!
I did think of red velvet with cream cheese but I'm a little worried for the frosting.
And then to transport them..... hmmm!
Thanks for your feedback.

5 replies
KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 1:30am
post #2 of 6

Cream cheese icing won't be an issue even overnight if held at cool room temp.

stevieleannescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stevieleannescupcakes Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 6

Hello! I would stick with a chocolate like you said above, you cant go wrong with a traditional chocolate!

Red Velvet is always a big wow I think!

I have recently just made a cheese cake cupcake too filled with a strawberry coules, topped with cream cheese and sliced strawberrys, and they are in season too I have heard! Quite basic but very yummy!

Key Lime and cococut is delicious too! icon_smile.gif

cakelace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelace Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 1:10am
post #4 of 6

Yum- lime and coconut! I was thinking of a margarita cupcake. My last big set of cupcakes were red velvet- which is always a favorite....

Thanks for the tip about the cream cheese frosting.

jendardis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendardis Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 6

I am getting ready for a huge order of minis (800) and I am just doing white, chocolate, strawberry and red velvet. 1/2 of the white I will do in a reg buttercream the other half a chocolate fudge buttercream. Same with the chocolate. Then the strawberry will have a strawberry buttercream and red velvet with a cream cheese icing. The decorations are what I am working on to make them special.
Also, someone on here told me to try under the bed plastic totes lined with the non-slip liner. They hold up well and can be reused over and over. Hope that helps!

Jen icon_biggrin.gif

Takeelah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Takeelah Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 6:42pm
post #6 of 6

I would do one fruity flavor, one chocolate, one plain, and one "gourmet". icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%