Sheet Cake With 2 Flavors ?

Baking By mack06 Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 11:17pm by mack06

mack06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mack06 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 5

Someone asked for as 1/2 sheet cake half vinilla & half choc. how is that done ? icon_sad.gif

4 replies
cat2512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat2512 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 5

Bake them separately then cut in half and put on board together with icing. You can either make them one layer or two layer cakes. If two layer, then after you cut them put one on top of other with icing in between and then do the same for other flavor. Hope this helps and I didn't confuse you.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 5

Mix both flavor batters. You can either get a helper and pour each batter simultaneously into the prepared pan OR you can raise one side of the pan a bit on a folded towel, pour one batter in, then pour the other. The flavors will meet in the middle but generally don't mix together. I have had people just LOVE getting a slice of the cake where the flavors meet in the middle. HTH.

tpatmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tpatmore Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

I put both batters in the pan at the same time. I either pour both at the same time or I put a piece of folded up foil in the middle to stop the batters, then pull it out before baking.

mack06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mack06 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5

Sounds great! both methods I'm sure I'll be a basket case when the time comes.. Thanks ! icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%