Gold Nonstick Pans, Do You Still Turn Down Temp 25 Degrees?

Baking By divinecc Updated 24 Oct 2011 , 5:57pm by imagenthatnj

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 7

I know the dark nonstick pans you are supposed to turn the temp down 25 degrees when baking, is this still the same for the new gold nonstick pans???? Or is the color difference just to look pretty icon_smile.gif

6 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 7:11am
post #2 of 7

Which gold pans? I have Williams_Sonoma Goldtouch. The gold will give you a better baked product. If you are using convection, I lower the temp 25 degrees.

divinecc Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 7

Sorry for the delayed answer, the gold kind a like this one. Nothing fancy its a cupcake pan not a cake pan. icon_smile.gif

http://www.shopko.com/detail/gourmet-nonstick-12-count-muffin-pan/7030

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 7

divinecc, I think since the Williams Sonoma Goldtouch have such great reputation, a lot of companies are starting to "paint" their nonstick pans gold. I saw the flimsy Wilton at the store, all very gold. In these cases, I think the color difference is just to look pretty, so treat it just like your other non-dark, silvery pans.

divinecc Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, I will have to check into the williams-sonoma brand!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 7

I have never seen any pan bake s well as the Goldtouch pans. I use them in my bakery in multiples of every size they have. I don't use the cookie sheets because I use parchment, but I still use the WS silver ones... big difference. Even if I am making a tier cake, every tier I can use a Goldtouch, I use it. The others are Magic Line.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 7

Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch loaf pans are made in the United States by USA Pans, one of the nation's largest commercial bakeware manufacturers. Their nonstick coating is made of ceramic rather than Teflon or a Teflon-like coating that contains the chemicals polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) or perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which have been associated with health concerns and are being phased out by many companies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%