Runners Birthday Cake! Help!

Decorating By laurajo1218 Updated 16 Apr 2011 , 5:26pm by DeezTreatz

laurajo1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurajo1218 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 3

So! My plan...

I want a fairly large base. Wrapped in green fondant. Across the top of the cake I would like to have a gray, gravely trail. At the end of the trial I'd like a "finish" line.

Here's my issue!!

I am making gumpaste people. For the FIRST TIME! I'm sooo terrible with proportions! I have four little gumpaste heads. The individual head will fit in a Wilton gumpaste flower holder. How tall does that make each gumpaste person. And how big of a base do I need to have?

Next...once I have my gumpaste people in place. My plan is to pipe grass on the top of the Cake...any ideas for scenery?

Worst part....I need the cake tomorrow night....

Do I even have time?!?

Thanks![/img]

2 replies
ashleyb4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyb4 Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 3

icon_sad.gif Your gumpaste people will not have time to dry and may fall over (ask me how I know that one!) You may want to try modeling chocolate, or do silhouettes of runners. As for proportions, I have not tips, lol. I usually go more for cartoony looking, so I don't hvae to be exact.

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 3

I would go for cartoon looking people too.. to help them stand - I would stick a candy stick in there feet to go into the cake - for support icon_smile.gif
You might have a better chance with the gumpaste drying faster rather then 100% fondant!
But most of my people are usually sitting down... haven't done standing people yet icon_sad.gif

I would use the grass tip to make some grass, make some fondant flowers and some trees (xmas looking trees are the easiest!) Mold into a cone and scissor it for the leaves..
Lots of youtube vidoes!

GOOD LUCK!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%