Ka Mixer Watt Strength

Baking By chasenboomsmom Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 2:14pm by chasenboomsmom

chasenboomsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasenboomsmom Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 6

i recentyly got a ka stand mixer 275 watt, tilt top...am i going to be able to make fondant with this?...or will it be to weak? also is there any problems that i may run into with this strength ka? thanks for any help

5 replies
m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 6

I don't think you'd be able to get all the powdered sugar in there. But you could probably get half of it, and then just knead in the rest by hand. I do that and I have a decently powerful artisan kitchen aid. I don't want to tax my motor too much, plus it was a factory refurbished and the screw that holds the head steady doesn't lock very tight and the head wobbles a lot if I get too stiff a mixture in there. I'd use the bread hook, for sure. HTH.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 6

All the tilt had mixers have plastic gearing. MMR is easy to mix byy hand I wouldn't use the KA. It isn't a question of if the gears will strip but when.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 6

I've heard of a few people making fondant with it however I also know several people who burnt their KA motor while making fondant.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 6

I have that kind of mixer, I would not use it for fondant or bread dough, or pizza dough. Too many stories of them being ruined. I use it for cake batter and frosting only. Actually I barely use it now as I moved up to 325 watt about a year ago. I use my lower watt mixer for testing a half recipe only which gets me about one 8" layer cake or 12 cupcakes.

chasenboomsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasenboomsmom Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 6

so i got the wattage wrong it is a 325watt...i don think that will make much of a difference though...im kinda bummed...but it will still do alot more for me than the hand mixer did!! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%