How Can I Make An Army Engineer Castle Cake?

Decorating By RenRae Updated 17 Apr 2011 , 2:43pm by RenRae

RenRae Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for an Army Engineer Castle cake. It has signature octogan towers, and is Red...

Any suggestions on how to do this? I just need some guidance as it is for a function of upper level Officer's and a friend of mine.

I know I can do it, I just haven't figured out HOW yet. I have a few weeks to come up with it.

3 replies
seedrv Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 4

OK Ill take a stab. I had to look up what an Army engineer castle looked like

Make your rectangular cakes for the base part and carve away the corners somewhat where you will eventually place your towers. I made a mini version of Hogwarts where I used a stack of 2 cakes for the tower .

Ive read post of some decorators' princess castle cakes where they used stacks of cookies for towers. What ever you make your tower of, Id wrap it in a roll of fondant, just to hold everything together. Then Id cut out individual strips (one for each side) and stick them on the towers to make the octagon shape or whatever it is. I think it will be very difficult to make the actual cake that shape. Then you can stick little rectangle bricks on top of the towers to finish them.

It would be nice to also hear other ideas. It would be a fun cake to make, good luck.

la_Torta_Dulce Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 4

Are you looking to do a 3-D version or a sheet cake? A sheet cake with the castle on top might be your best bet cuz you can do the castle in RKT and cover it in fondant.

RenRae Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 4

I'm thinking a 3D version. The towers don't have to be cake, but I would like them to be edible. The cookie idea is good. Also i wonder If I could use an octagon shaped cutter on RKT and stack those. I have a few weeks so I guess I will be practicing.

Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%