Hi!

Decorating By Merm Updated 16 Apr 2011 , 3:34pm by Merm

Merm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merm Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 2:41am
post #1 of 12

Hello, all.

Vegetarian with a keen interest in vegan baking. Can't wait to get to know you guys.

11 replies
Merm Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 2:48am
post #2 of 12

I should probably tell about myself! Ha. Nearly forgot.

I'm a 25 year old minimalist, and proud father of a two year old daughter. I work for Apple and do freelance social media marketing/web design/design of other sorts/writing/etc. Jack of all trades, I guess one would say. I owned a recently closed t-shirt company in which my fiancee and I designed and built the entire business from the ground up.

I hope to one day have a brick and mortar store doing something creative, and to live out the rest of our days in either New Hope, PA or Saint Augustine Florida. Oh, and making it as an artist/writer/musician wouldn't hurt either! icon_smile.gif Pipe dreams are beautiful.

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 2:58am
post #3 of 12

Welcome to CC! My family lives in Gainesville, FL (although I'm in Valdosta, GA for the time being for nursing school) and St. Augustine is the beach we have always gone to since it is the closest of the beaches on the Atlantic side. In fact, we were just there at the beach yesterday for my boyfriend's birthday. The weather was beautiful and the town is great with all of the history there.

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 2:59am
post #4 of 12

Hello and welcome.

Merm Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 3:01am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeCakesbyMichelle

Welcome to CC! My family lives in Gainesville, FL (although I'm in Valdosta, GA for the time being for nursing school) and St. Augustine is the beach we have always gone to since it is the closest of the beaches on the Atlantic side. In fact, we were just there at the beach yesterday for my boyfriend's birthday. The weather was beautiful and the town is great with all of the history there.

Jealous!

The history is what makes it my favorite. It still has a southern vibe to the likes of Georgia, which I love.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #6 of 12

Hi and Welcome to CC, Merm. icon_smile.gif

Look forward to seeing you online. thumbs_up.gif

Merm Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:02am
post #7 of 12

Thank you. icon_smile.gif Looking forward to posting and being educated!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 8:33am
post #8 of 12

Awesome! I am actually trying to work my way to becoming a vegan (I'm vegetarian). So far, baking is the only thing stopping me, hehe.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 12:19am
post #9 of 12

Welcome to the fun!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 12:41am
post #10 of 12

Welcome to CC! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have over the years. It IS a great community. Good luck with your plans. icon_smile.gif

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 12:54am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Awesome! I am actually trying to work my way to becoming a vegan (I'm vegetarian). So far, baking is the only thing stopping me, hehe.

Me Too!!!! have been thinking about getting the book Baby Cakes. Anybody has it or has tried any of their recipes?

Merm Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 3:34pm
post #12 of 12

I've found it so much easier to eat vegan baking than cooking! Perhaps because the substitutes are much more accurate. That said, I enjoy actually baking much more than I do eating baked food, so perhaps I'll develop the taste differences!

Thanks again for the welcome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%