Baby 1St Birthday!

Decorating By amcakemaker2011 Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 10:28pm by simplysouthern

amcakemaker2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amcakemaker2011 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 4

I have to do a cake that the theme is Cows. The baby that is turning 1 loves cows. The cake is going to be black fondant with happy birthday Roselyne in the middle and cows around the side of the top. What kind of border could i do in White. Colors are Balck and White color of cows obviously?

3 replies
caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

Cows can be brown too! Maybe do the cake in a 'cow print' with the cows around it as described. I would do a grass border with a grass tip, and maybe put in a couple of flowers or something to give it an 'outdoorsy' look. Hope that helps!

amcakemaker2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amcakemaker2011 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by caymancake

Cows can be brown too! Maybe do the cake in a 'cow print' with the cows around it as described. I would do a grass border with a grass tip, and maybe put in a couple of flowers or something to give it an 'outdoorsy' look. Hope that helps!

Where could i find a cow print at? What kind of flower would look good in fondant to put on it? Maybe i could put the grass down either on 1 side in a corner and then put a cow on top of it so it looks like it is standing in it or on all 4 sides... What do you think

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 4

There have been a lot of farm, cow theme cakes on here. Try searching the galleries for inspiration and ideas. Oh and just a tip, covering a chills cake in black fondant may not be a good idea. Black stains clothes and leaves teeth etc stained for a few minutes at least. It's messy is what I'm getting at LOL. Just food for thought and from feedback I've heard from parents icon_smile.gif
GL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%