Is It Ok To Refrigerate Mmf

Decorating By TonyaBakes Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 7:45pm by TonyaBakes

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 5

I have already made the MMF, I'm making my cakes today, decorate tonight and tomorrow. I'm covering the cake with MMF, will it be ok to refrigerate till Saturday afternoon? I have used MMF for accent pieces but have never covered a cake in it.

4 replies
SweetCakesbyAmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCakesbyAmy Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 5

I have heard both ways. People on here say you can refirdgerate a cake covered in fondant and it fine--others say it produces condensation and messes up the cake. I have never refirdgerated mine. I would say keep it out unless it has pershible fillings inside. A cake covered in Fondant can be sat out on the conter for 2-3 days and it is still moist and fine. Good luck!

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 5

Keep it out unless you have perishable fillings (the fridge dries out cake). I have put my MMF cake in the fridge before with no problems, it does get a little bit sticky to the touch when you first take it out, just because of condensation. But it went away after about an hour and was perfect!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 5

People do it. I believe in the first advice in the thread below, because I read Angela's blog and I know she works with MMF a lot. Just don't touch it, as she says. I've also seen it done a lot in the Amazing Wedding Cakes shows.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-701904-next.html&sid=75f7f71fdb14131be7f51d0bb1d86b17

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much for your help. It's going to have a cheesecake filling and needs to be in the fridge. I will just sit it out an hour it two before the party. Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%