Best Way To Stack A Cake

Decorating By Bandy718 Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 2:27pm by terrylee

Bandy718 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bandy718 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 5:49am
post #1 of 4

I have only been doing cakes for about a year and I LOVE the tierd cakes. The only problem I am having is finding a support system I like. I have always got by with dowel rods and a cake board, other than the fact I don't know how to cover the board between teirs, without having icing touch tape or something else that I am not sure is food safe. So now I am looking a Wiltons seperator plates. I am doing a topsy turvy for my nephew and I just feel stuck as to how to stack this thing. Is there some way to use dowel rods and wrap the cake board, or do I need to invest in the plates?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:09am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandy718

I don't know how to cover the board between teirs,

Is there some way to use dowel rods and wrap the cake board,

It isn't necessary to cover the corrugated cake boards between the tiers... they were made to be used as is for cake.

You can invest in reusable separator plates, disposable single plate separators, or continue to use dowel rods.

Bandy718 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bandy718 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! I had no idea that you didn't have to cover them. I just assumed that since it was cardboard that it was nessicary. Thanks for your help!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 4

You can use the wilton plate and dowel system, cutting the dowels to the needed height...they secure together and provide a solid base for the next tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%