Need Gluten Free Recipes

Baking By SandyS Updated 21 Apr 2011 , 6:41pm by LoriMc

SandyS Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 4:05am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any "good" tried and true gluten free cake recipes that they would be willing to share? I would like as many flavors as I can get - am having more and more requests for gluten free cakes. Not true celiac's just trying to cut out wheat.
Thanks,
Sandy

5 replies
Jennifer353 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 6

I have a (scratch) recipe I have made for Chocolate Orange Roulade which is really rich and really really nice but it is in pdf. I tried to email you but couldn't work out how to put on the attachment so if you send me a message with your email address I can send it to you.

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 6

There was a gal at ICES recently who gave a talk on gluten free and she's been doing that for 15 years or so. Her advice was to take an existing cake recipe that you know works and convert the individual ingredients. For example if you have a chocolate cake recipe and the only gluten ingredient is the flour, substitute the gluten free flour for the "real" flour and bake the cake. We had some of her samples and they were to die for! icon_biggrin.gif

gramof5 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 6

Look for "booze cake" on allrecipes.com. It starts with a gluten-free cake mix. You add pudding mix, and some sort of liquor. I usually use a Namaste mix because it makes two layers, but you could use two mixes of another brand. I've made a gluten-free chocolate amaretto cake this way and even people who eat regular cakes thought it was good. HTH!

jessyummycakes Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 6

Would you like to email me direct? I have a lovely almond orange. Mil is cealiac, I recently made it for her 60th, she said it was the best cake she has had since being diagnosed.

LoriMc Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 6

I'm gluten free and I don't use the gluten free cake mixes. They taste bad and I don't like the consistency. I use Gluten Free Pantry all purpose flour and just sub that for regular flour. You will need to add some Xanthan Gum to help it rise.

A friend on twitter has a great website with GF baking recipes. She is currently working on a GF cookbook. I have tried several of her recipes and they have turned out great. Here is a link to her blog.

http://www.artofglutenfreebaking.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%