Wedding Cake Buttercream And Choc Panels Help!?

Decorating By lovecheesecake Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 9:58pm by lovecheesecake

lovecheesecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecheesecake Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 3

ok ladies i need advice i have a cake that im making 4 tiers and i was wondering how do i make white choc panels?! i have seen so many people make them here but really need advice on how to do it?

also if i have a weeding cake filled with buttercream and or frosted with white choc ganache then covered in choc panels do i need to put it in the fridge after decorating then deliver the next day? or decorate on the day of delivery?

im not sure waht to do? even whether to crumb coat then stack before applying choc panels!?!?

help please?! icon_redface.gif

2 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 3

I've never made chocolate panels so I can't help there I'm afraid! Something to Google if no one answers on how to do it, or maybe you can just buy them?

In terms of refridgerating, it would depend on whether your cake filling is perishable or not. The buttercream or ganache and chocolate panels shouldn't need refridgerating unless it is extremely hot in your kitchen or wherever you will leave the cake overnight. If you do put the cakes in the fridge because it is warm, it is highly likely that condensation will form when you take them out, so fridge them in boxes, so the condensation forms on those, rather than on your lovely chocolate!

Can you lift a 4 tier cake and get it in your delivery vehicle, or do you have help to do so? If yes, then I would say go ahead and ice and stack the whole thing, then add the chocolate panels, to avoid any breakage. If no, then you will have to work out the best way for you to decorate what you can so you don't have much to do when you arrive at the venue and stack/decorate. Take extra chocolate panels with you in case any break during transit or whilst setting up.

Good luck!

lovecheesecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecheesecake Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 3

thanks so muchDayti, im looking into non-perishable fillings and frosting, but believe it or not i have not found anywhere that sell white choc panels in the uk!?!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%