First Timer Here: Marzipan, Gum Paste Or Fondant For This??

Decorating By mudratdetector Updated 13 Apr 2011 , 8:07pm by mudratdetector

mudratdetector Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 2

New user here!! Hello!!

I've exhausted Google today so I've come to you. I'd like to have a groom's cake for our wedding (to be served at the rehearsal dinner) but to save on costs I thought about making it myself (disclaimer: if I determine I can't do it, I'll have a bakery do it but I want to give them clear instructions about what I want)

I'd like to create the Hampton Coliseum for the cake. Thats where my fiance and I met...and it's a pretty cool looking place! I'll attempt to put the images here...

I'm picturing a simple round cake with the dimensional, multi-colored triangles all around it. I don't know how crazy I'd get with the actual details of the place (doors, etc!)

So as I research...whats the best menthod for making the triangles? My sister in law is a professional baker but she can't come to the wedding (so she's can't make the cake). She suggested marzipan or gum paste.

I've never worked with either but I'm willing to try it. I DEFINITELY plan on making a test cake (or two..or three..)

If you were asked to make those pictures into a cake, how would you go about it? Thanks in advance for the replies...really looking forward to doing this!

Kate

1 reply
mudratdetector Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 2

geez....sorry about the giagantic picture!! ugh...you can tell i'm new here.....my apologies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%