Cleaning Floors Anyone Tried Floormate?

Lounge By Katiebelle74 Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 3:14am by JulieMN

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 9

Ok so we all know our cake decorating love affair is a sticky mess that we usually are up into the wee hours of the night messing around with, and then when we finally want to go to bed, there they are.... the sticky, messy, abused floors. Swiffer can't touch them. A traditional mop shoves the sugar into a huge sticky mess all over the room that sounds like your walking over velcro the next day. And none of us at any hour want to turn into the abused Cinderella with no fairy god mother in sight scrubbing the floor on all fours. I so desperately need a solution. I am really tempted to go buy the hoover floor mate and give it a whirl. As in leave the house right now and just go get the darn thing! I spent to many hours yesterday on all fours in a room that I do not even bake in. I want really clean floors and I do not want to crawl around to get them. Has anyone tried this machine? And have you tried it on the sugary residue after cake decorating?

8 replies
dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 9

I've had a Hoover Floor Mate for years. I love it, love it, love it icon_biggrin.gif I recently had to replace mine that I had used for 5 years. The real selling point was the first year I had it my twin granddaughters got Red Velvet cake all over the floor on Thanksgiving Day. I got it out to clean up the mess and my sister in law wanted to try it. She went and bought one for herself the next day!

Katiebelle74 Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 9

WOW! I am so glad to hear it! Thanks for the reply. Just bought one am about to attack all the floors with it right now!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 9

love love love love mine. you can literaaly do the wet white paper towel test on your floor after you clean and the towel will be TOTALLY white. try that after mopping.

joyofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyofcakes Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 12:13am
post #5 of 9

I also love mine. I had it for about 2 years icon_biggrin.gif and use it all the time.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 12:27am
post #6 of 9

I had a floormate and really, really loved it, on both my tile floors and on my hardwood floors. But then the darn thing broke! I only dropped it down the stairs twice-you would think it would be built stronger, right?-my bad.
I went out that weekend to replace it. I just couldn't stand the mop and dirty water bucket ever again. I hope you like yours as much as I love mine.

BTW-sticky mess, no problem. I was entertaining friends and a friend brought over a gallon of sweet ice tea and then dropped the whole thing on my kitchen floor. That floormate sucked the entire sticky liquid up at once and didn't leave any residue.

Katiebelle74 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 1:38am
post #7 of 9

WOW awesome! That sweet tea story is pretty impressive! I am taking a break at the moment but I have been going non-stop for the past hour since my last post. I did the entire bakery, the livingroom and the "eat-in" side of the kitchen. Not bad for 1 hours time! The bakery alone is 500 sq.ft. The shocker is that yesterday out of total frustration when the mop broke and I did not want to replace it with another nasty string mop, I took a sponge and a bucket and towels and on all fours scrubbed my entire living room down. Now today in 20 minutes (versus an hour or more yesterday) I did the living room over again with the floormate and was shocked and disgusted to see how much dirt had still been there! The floormate water was totally murky and grey. Nasty. Even after hand scrubbing! I am glad to hear everyone else's positive feedback! It is going to make it a lot easier to quickly clean my floor this friday when I have someone picking up a groom's cake AND I have to be working on a wedding cake for saturday. This eases my mind that I can quickly get the floor spotless amidst mega decorating. Not to mention being much much much happier with floors that are much cleaner!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 9

ok I had to look up this machine you are all raving about and came across about ten different versions of the hoover floormate .. which one are you all using?

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 3:14am
post #9 of 9

I hadn't heard of this machine....but sounds promising.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%