Shelf Stable Filling Under Fondant... Help Please

Decorating By johnson6ofus Updated 13 Apr 2011 , 3:57am by Mfattore

johnson6ofus Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 12:52am
post #1 of 4

icon_cry.gif

I am under the gun to make a fondant covered cake (OK, so I usually store mine in the frig), and only do it for "home use"....lol.

This cake will be at an event, out in the Texas heat (yes, already 90 here) all evening. I don't want a sweating, bulging problem, so I cannot use my favorite mousse fillings. I am OK keeping it on the counter, obviously, as I have learned here on CC. BUT the filling????

Would like one Bavarian style /french vanilla, and one chocolate. NO opportunity to fail here. PLEASE help. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
Mfattore Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 2:47am
post #2 of 4

There is a bavarian cream sleeve filling that is decent. Have you ever used sleeve fillings before?

johnson6ofus Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 3:10am
post #3 of 4

No sleeves, only because I don't have a local source in Austin, TX area that I know of... and too late to order and ship. It was a late <duh?> moment for me...<sigh>.....

Mfattore Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 3:57am
post #4 of 4

No restaurant supply, Cash N Carry type stores? Um, there is canned vanilla cream/pudding pie filling that would probably work but I am not 100% sure and not all grocery stores carry it. Hmmmm. Do you have any Rich's Bettercreme or Frostin Pride in the freezer? It doesn't need refridgerating and you can mix it with a box of jello pudding to enhance the flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%