Basic Cake Carving Recipe Needed!

Baking By lsz1978 Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 6:10am by sweet_affliction

lsz1978 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I am new to Cake Central and am a self-taught baker and cake designer. I have just started a business and need a new basic cake recipe for cake carving... sturdy yet moist! I would also like to be able to alter the recipe to create new flavors, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? I would also like the recipe make enough batter to create a cake that serves 25-30 peopleicon_smile.gif!

I'd greatly appreciate any recipe suggestions or advice!

6 replies
srkmilklady Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 7

This cake is very popular here on CC and the flavours can be changed to almost anything you can think of. It is in the recipe section.

lsz1978 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 7

thank you both! i checked out the recipes and they sound similar to the one i already haveicon_smile.gif. i was trying to find a "from scratch" recipe, but there seem to be so many out there... i can't decide what to try! that's why i came to you allicon_smile.gif! if you have a recommendation for a from scratch recipe that you think will work, please let me know!

again, thanks for your replies!

sweet_affliction Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:18am
post #5 of 7

Hi there!

I was recently surfing the net and found a truy amazing from scratch cake!
it's called the ultimate coconut cake but you can ommit the flavor and just make it vanilla
Coconut Cake (UCC PG RC):
1 lb Pure Irish Butter - Unsalted
3 cup Sugar, Granulated
6 large egg Large Egg
4 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, Fluid
1 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Simple Syrup (UCC PG RC):
3/4 cup Water
3/4 cup Sugar, Granulated
Coconut Filling (UCC PG RC):
5 cup Heavy Cream, Fluid
3 cup Sugar, Granulated
1 lb Pure Irish Butter - Unsalted
1 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
9 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
Coconut Cake Frosting (UCC PG RC):
1 cup Pure Irish Butter - Unsalted
8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Original
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
5 cup Sugars, Powdered

2 cups Sweetened Shredded Coconut

Read more:
go to this we site and see instructions , by the way it cost me around 50.00 dlls to make half a sheet cake.

Or go to see many from scratch recipes there.

lsz1978 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 11:55am
post #6 of 7

thanks!!! i think that sounds like a great recipe to try... and i was looking for a good coconut filling for a cake i have to bake in may! how exciting... thanks for the recipe & the link!

was that $50 for a full recipe?

sweet_affliction Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:10am
post #7 of 7

actually the 50.00 were for 1 and 1/2 recipe. it's a big recipe. the only advice I have is make the filling in advance and see if u need more cornstarch.....when we cut the cake it wasn't as firm as I would have liked it to be. the actual cake was 12 x 16 and it was 3 " deep.
It was really GOOOODDDD!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%