Basic Cake Carving Recipe Needed!

Baking By lsz1978 Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 6:10am by sweet_affliction

lsz1978 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I am new to Cake Central and am a self-taught baker and cake designer. I have just started a business and need a new basic cake recipe for cake carving... sturdy yet moist! I would also like to be able to alter the recipe to create new flavors, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? I would also like the recipe make enough batter to create a cake that serves 25-30 peopleicon_smile.gif!

I'd greatly appreciate any recipe suggestions or advice!

Thanks!

6 replies
srkmilklady Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 7

This cake is very popular here on CC and the flavours can be changed to almost anything you can think of. It is in the recipe section.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

lsz1978 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 7

thank you both! i checked out the recipes and they sound similar to the one i already haveicon_smile.gif. i was trying to find a "from scratch" recipe, but there seem to be so many out there... i can't decide what to try! that's why i came to you allicon_smile.gif! if you have a recommendation for a from scratch recipe that you think will work, please let me know!

again, thanks for your replies!

sweet_affliction Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:18am
post #5 of 7

Hi there!

I was recently surfing the net and found a truy amazing from scratch cake!
it's called the ultimate coconut cake but you can ommit the flavor and just make it vanilla
ngredients
Coconut Cake (UCC PG RC):
1 lb Pure Irish Butter - Unsalted
3 cup Sugar, Granulated
6 large egg Large Egg
4 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, Fluid
1 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Simple Syrup (UCC PG RC):
3/4 cup Water
3/4 cup Sugar, Granulated
Coconut Filling (UCC PG RC):
5 cup Heavy Cream, Fluid
3 cup Sugar, Granulated
1 lb Pure Irish Butter - Unsalted
1 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
9 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
Coconut Cake Frosting (UCC PG RC):
1 cup Pure Irish Butter - Unsalted
8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Original
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
5 cup Sugars, Powdered

2 cups Sweetened Shredded Coconut

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/ultimate-coconut-cake-peninsula-grills-robert-carter/#ixzz1JTXkMrHp
go to this we site and see instructions , by the way it cost me around 50.00 dlls to make half a sheet cake.

Or go to joyofbaking.com see many from scratch recipes there.

lsz1978 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 11:55am
post #6 of 7

thanks!!! i think that sounds like a great recipe to try... and i was looking for a good coconut filling for a cake i have to bake in may! how exciting... thanks for the recipe & the link!

was that $50 for a full recipe?

sweet_affliction Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:10am
post #7 of 7

actually the 50.00 were for 1 and 1/2 recipe. it's a big recipe. the only advice I have is make the filling in advance and see if u need more cornstarch.....when we cut the cake it wasn't as firm as I would have liked it to be. the actual cake was 12 x 16 and it was 3 " deep.
It was really GOOOODDDD!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%