7 Deadly Sins Cake-Help

Decorating By bhart0789 Updated 28 Sep 2011 , 7:49am by mrsright41401

bhart0789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bhart0789 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 3

First, I am still very new at cake decorating. I have only been playing with this hobby for a couple of months.

I am doing a birthday cake for a friend of mine and she is very into the 7 deadly sins. I wanted to decorate a cake to represent the sins but I am lost for ideas. It's going to be 3 tiers. 10", 8", and 6" of WASC with raspberry filling and BC icing.

I know each sin is corresponded with a color as well. I'm just stumped here. Any suggestions?

(The 8" tier is already baked and crumb coated. I didn't think of the 7 deadly sins idea until after I had already baked them.)

2 replies
krumbledkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krumbledkakes Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 8:08am
post #2 of 3

Hmm...depends on how you wanna go along with it. I would probably make it more silly than how I normally picture them.

For lust maybe do a cartoon character with his eyes popping out and his tongue hanging out

Gluttony, fat cat eating ice cream

Greed, $ bills or someone throwing money into the air

Sloth, pic of Sloth from the Goonies

Wrath, stumped lol. Was thinking of a wife yelling at her husband

Envy, quote "The wicked envy & hate, it's their way of admiring"..maybe do the word envy big and in cool letters (in green - 'green with envy')

Pride, I always think of lions. I would do something with a lion lol

HTH and gave you some ideas

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 7:49am
post #3 of 3

For help with colors, definitions, etc... http://www.deadlysins.com/sins/index.htm - I'm guessing the 3 tiers are round? Divide the sides of each cake into a section and do a sin represented in each area. For lust, the profile of a naked woman in black against a red background would be awesome, greed you could do bags of money stacked up... etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%