New Business Tagline & Logo

Business By mizcrist Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 2:37am by mizcrist

mizcrist Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 10

Hello all! I've been baking for family for years & just recently decided to go into business. I've become addicted to this website. My business name is going to be Bundts r Us. I was wondering if you guys could help me with tagline & logo ideas. Your help is greatly appreciated & thanks to you all for taking time out of your busy lives to help us!

9 replies
Mfattore Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 10

The "R US" might be trademarked by Toys R Us, BabieRUS, you may want to check into that. Do you make only bundt cakes?

carmijok Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 10

How about 'Get your bundts in here!'
icon_lol.gif

CrumblesConfections Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 10

How about "the best bundts come from our oven!"?

jason_kraft Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 10

You are probably safe using the "r us" name from a legal perspective, but Toys R Us could still potentially come after you and try to force you to stop using the name. Make sure your have your liability insurance in order (and you comply with all your state's regulations about kitchen inspections and licensing).

The other issue is that your name severely limits your product scope in the eyes of consumers. I'm not sure making only bundt cakes is a sustainable business (unless you can work out shipping like http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com does), especially if your state does not allow you to sell food made in a home kitchen.

mizcrist Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 10

Yes for now I am only making bundts being as I'm just now learning how to decorate. I'm really not crazy about the name, any ideas will help. Thanks for the replies. I will also do cupcakes too.

tokazodo Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 10

"Bounce on in for the Sweetest Bundts in town!"

"Get your 'Bundts' in here!"

"We've got the hottest 'Bundts' in town!

Sweet Cakes and Hot Bundts!

kearniesue Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 10

"Nothing bunts the best!"

LOL..that one made me laugh...

Gerle Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 11:47pm
post #9 of 10

How about "Bundts and More" or "Incredible Bundts and More" if you're going to eventually get into other items? That way you won't have to change or revise the name at a later date.

mizcrist Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:37am
post #10 of 10

Gerle, I love your idea, thanks!!, kearniesue good one made me laugh also, & tokazodo i love Sweet Cakes & Hot Bundts. Thank you all very much. I really appreciate y'alls input.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%