Cake Recipe Ideas For Work Charity Cake Sale

Baking By Jennifer353 Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 10:11am by Jennifer353

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 6

A colleague and I are hosting a charity bake sale next week at work and I am looking for ideas on what to make. The people in the office are generally very conservative on their tastes so Im thinking of fairly traditional favourites and ideally that dont take forever to make since I will be making everything the night before. So have you any (scratch) suggestions what I could make? If any of them could be made before the night before that would also be useful (but I dont have any freezer space).
So far between me and my colleague we have flapjacks, cornflake chocolate nests with little mini eggs on top, coconut cake, date and walnut or coffee and walnut cake, hot cross buns and mint chocolate cupcakes (probably a bit adventurous on the flavours for them but they really liked them when I made them before). Also is there anything a bit more savoury that you would suggest because some people are not keen on sweet food.

Thank you for any suggestions!

5 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 6

Lemon poppyseed

Black forest (chocolate with cherry and cream)

German chocolate with the coconut carmel icing

Banana or pumpkin cake/bread

Cheddar herb/garlic biscuits

Ways to maximize your time.
Several days before:
-Make the chocolate nests
-Measure out, sift, and mix all dry ingredients and put in bags or containers, label with what kind of cake it is for

2-3days before:
-make icings/frostings

2days before:
Bake cakes

Night before:
Assemble everything

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 6

I posted a similar thread a couple days ago...
Go look at andpotts pics.
She has CUPcakes that looking amazingly awesome and easy.
Its basically a cupcake in a cup layered with whatever you want.
I'm going to make the Strawberry shortcake ones for my bake sale
Seems like it would be a great seller.
I might also make smores ones

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 6

how about savoury muffins eg: red onion, cheddar and bacon (Hugh FW), Gruyere cheese, sage & onion (Delia) HTH thumbs_up.gif

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 6

Black Magic Chocolate Cake (Hersey's recipe)-made into cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. If you want to add a little something extra, a sprinkle of reese's pieces would be good.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 10:11am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the ideas!
Ummm black forest gateaux, I can't put alcohol in because of restrictions at work but cherry pie filling I would happily eat with a spoon icon_smile.gif

I had thought of organising all the different ingredient packets out on my work surface the night before I was going to bake but never thought of putting the weighed out ingredients in bags in advance. Thanks, great idea, I'll be doing that one for sure.

I had seen the CUPcakes yesterday and love the idea but think I will make them for friends instead because I think they might be a bit too novel for my colleagues.

Ooh so many suggestions thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%