Sweetex High Ratio Shortening

Decorating By jewordsoflife Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 2:59am by Melvira

jewordsoflife Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 6

I've been looking for Sweetex high ratio shortening and can only find it sold at 50lbs. Does anyone know where I can get it in a lesser amount? Thanks!

5 replies
anxietyattack Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:01am
post #2 of 6

I bought some from the bakery down the street from me. HTH.

Melvira Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:35am
post #3 of 6

You can get... I think it's seven pounds... at a time through places like CK Products. If you are a licensed business it's almost have the price, too.

www.ckproducts.com is the licensed business side, if you're not, then check out www.countrykitchensa.com

Hope this helps a little bit. It's not Sweetex brand as far as I know, but I have been using this brand for years and have had perfect results.

Edited to add: Sorry, it's three pounds, I just checked. But that would be a nice small amount to try out. Though, it does last a long time! I get the 50# cubes and they really hold up well as long as they aren't stored where it's hot! thumbs_up.gif

Sangriacupcake Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:51am
post #4 of 6

The Baker's Kitchen has 4 lb. and 25 lb. tubs:

It's Sweetex, but because it's been repacked in smaller amounts, they can't call it Sweetex!
hth icon_smile.gif

jewordsoflife Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 6

THANK you all very much! I just love how everyone is selfless and sooo helpful!! You all are beginning to feel like close friends!! Wish I could meet people from this site, such wonderful people!!! icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:59am
post #6 of 6

Oh no... I'm mean as heck. Would stab you in the back for no good reason. Hehehe... I am SOOO kidding!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%