Best Edible Image Printer?

Decorating By kendra_83 Updated 4 Aug 2017 , 1:43pm by icingimages

Katyast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katyast Posted 30 May 2014 , 5:22pm
post #31 of 40

Hi Icing Images,

I'm looking into purchasing a canon printer, recommended by you, but I have one question.  The printer packages you sell all come with sponge ink cartridges, but reading through your thread posts on this site, you do not recommend the sponges cartridges saying that there are many issues with them clogging and other issues.  You recommend going spongless.  So why do you sell the printer package with the sponged cartridges.  I'd like to purchase but am leary now.

Thank you,

Kathy

Katyast Posted 30 May 2014 , 5:35pm
post #32 of 40

Hi Icing Images,

One more question.  Which of these printers do your recommend?  The Canon 5520 or the Canon 6420.  Both are available where I live, but I'm not sure which is better than the other.

Thank you!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Jun 2014 , 12:13pm
post #33 of 40

Definatley the 5520.  If I remember correctly the 6420 uses a grey cartridge which we do not provide ink for

SensationalCakesAndMore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SensationalCakesAndMore Posted 26 Nov 2014 , 7:27pm
post #34 of 40

ASo here we are 5 months later... What's the current advice on printer model? If I only print once per week or less, what's the best way to keep the ink flowing well?

Katyast Posted 26 Nov 2014 , 9:03pm
post #35 of 40

Hi SensationalCakes - I purchased the Canon Pixma 5520.  it works great, though if I were to purchase another model I think I'd go with the model that prints on the larger poster size paper.  it just gives more options for larger sheet cakes. 

I am in Canada and ordered from Island Inkjet.  I would NEVER order from them again even for refills.  They have the most terrible customer service EVER.  I actually had to put in a BBB complaint in to receive a reply from them after I had tried for over a month to contact them via phone, email, twitter, their blog, facebook and some other social media account that I can't recall just to be able to contact them regarding my order.   

I read somewhere that you should print a test page every so often to keep the ink heads from clogging if you are not using it regularly.  I just use regular paper to test print so I'm not wasting frosting sheets or rice paper sheets. 

icingimages Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 1:28am
post #36 of 40

Wait till black Friday and order a printer from Staples from office max.  The Canon MG5520 or MG5620 should be at a ridiculously low price.  Then you are welcome to order supplies from us.  Keep in mind though when you purchase a printer from another company besides one like ours, you are only getting the Canon warranty.  If you have trouble and need help, Canon will fight you if they know you are using edibles.  Our company warranties our printers for a year, printheads for 30days . However, if you are a customer of ours, wherever you order the printer from we will try and help you, however we cant warranty anything.  Also, we sell Premium Icing Sheets which are awesome, however we are coming out with a new Flavored wafer people next week!  Please feel free to ask any questions and will do our best to help you. 

Perspective Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Perspective Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 10:13am
post #37 of 40

Greeting!

Which is currently the best printer for edible paper?

icingimages Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 12:14pm
post #38 of 40

Choose from the current list of compatible Canon printers. Anyone that takes their five cartridges to blacks cyan magenta yellow. It's the links that will make or break your edible printing experience. 

Perspective Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Perspective Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 6:22am
post #39 of 40

Is the printer produced only for printing edible colors on edible paper?

Accept our excuses for using Google Translate, if it's a little harder to understand the question.

icingimages Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 1:43pm
post #40 of 40

No it is not.  It is a printer that is compatible with our edible inks.  Printers from Icing Images, however, come with a warranty from Icing Images where as other edible printing company's may or may not have similar warranties. While Canon has a warranty on their printers, they make it very difficult for it to be honored if there is a problem and they know you are not using Canon ink.  Edible ink is the most important part of the printer and your printing experience will be determined by the quality of your edible ink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%