Does anyone have a recipe for a pink champaign cake that would be sturdy enough to shape?
Use whatever basic cake mix you normally use and replace the water with pink champ.
There is a pink champagne cake on here. I've never made it, but it gets great raves on how it can be carved and/or stacked.
Hope this is what you are looking for:
Pink Champagne Cupcakes
FIRST - for the cupcakes
2/3 cup butter, at room temp
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup champagne (I used pink champagne)
6 large egg whites, at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes
3. In a separate bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
4. Blend all the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, alternating with champagne.
5. In a large clean bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of the whites into the batter until blended, then add the rest and fold until well-blended.
6. Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters of the way full. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
NEXT - brush cooled cupcakes with champagne
LAST - for the champagne frosting
3/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
3 tablespoons champagne
4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1. In a large bowl beat the shortening and butter until creamy. Add the champagne. Slowly add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. If necessary, add additional champagne to achieve desired spreading consistency.