What Tool To Use To Create Stitching

Decorating By sophiasam Updated 10 Apr 2011 , 2:04pm by sophiasam

sophiasam Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 6

I hope someone can help. I am making a sneaker/trainer cake for my nephews birthday and need to get the correct tool to create stitching on the seems. In the past I have used a cocktail stick, but they never end up even and it takes for ever. Is there a tool I can purchase to make flawless stitching??

5 replies
seedrv Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 6


It's the pointed tool wheel. You can also get it @ Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

seedrv Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 6

OK so very sorry because I just saw the UK by your name. I have no idea where to get it there. icon_sad.gif

PJ37 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 6

This is a tracing wheel that you would use for fabric and you could probably get it at any fabric store.

ycknits Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 6

Don't know if you have Wilton in the UK, but I just use my Wilton cutting wheel, with the pointed wheel inserted vs the straight edged wheel.

sophiasam Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone, I have just purchased one from ebay xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%