Strawberries Are In Season And I Need A Recipe

Baking By sweetdreams1989 Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 2:10am by lutie

sweetdreams1989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreams1989 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 5:46am
post #1 of 12

my question is if anyone has a recipe or any idea on how i can put fresh sliced strawberries in to a filling any suggestion would be great thanks in advance

11 replies
Nusi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nusi Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 5:57am
post #2 of 12

im making a cake with fresh strwberry and almonds this weekend "customer request".. i think i will just put a layer of buttercream and drizzel it with toasted ground almond and put sclices of strewberrys on it . still contimplating if i should cover it with another layer of buttercream .. im also worried about the cake not being stright because of the chunks in
so anyone got any good ideas?

manman1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manman1977 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 12

Here is what I use for a strawberry filling. Although my recipe uses frozen strawberries you can use fresh strawberries. Note that the strawberries are in syrup so if you use fresh strawberries I would add some sugar to them and let them permiate for a few hours. Then use the juices and all.

1 pkg (16 ounces/1 lb) of frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons of cornstarch.

Of course double the recipe if needed. This filling is awesome.

Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 12

I make a whipped icing, chop up strawberries, mix the two in a bowl and let it set in the fridge. Makes a great filling!

sweetdreams1989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreams1989 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 12

that sounds llike a great idea thanks so much would you mind sharing a recipe on whipped cream

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 11:14pm
post #6 of 12

I did some Strawberry Filled Lime Cupcakes on the weekend and, they turned out great:

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 12:12am
post #7 of 12

sweetsuzie,
Did you bake that strawberry in the cupcake or put it in as a filling after it was cooked.

SweetSuzieQ Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 12:48am
post #8 of 12

I put it in after. Baked a simple vanilla cupcake recipe (that I fancied up with lime zest and juice). While they baked, I hulled my strawberries and gave them a light dusting of sugar and put in fridge (u could totally skip the sugar but, i can never resist giving my strawberries a little sweet kiss). Then, once mostly cooled, I took a paring knife and, took a cone shape out of the cupcakes and, filled with a strawberry. Then, I iced with a lime buttercream.

louanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louanne Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 8:25pm
post #9 of 12

i make my strawberry filling by cooking 1 cup water to1/2 cup sugar and 2.5 tblsp cornstarch cooking until thick, add pckg straberry jello, add in sliced strawberries, if i am filling cupakes i make sure they are diced very small, let cool, it makes a thick filling that holds up well, and is oh so good, especially with butter cake

Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 12:16am
post #10 of 12

Sorry took so long to respond back, just got back on the computer. I actually got the whipped icing recipe from here on CC....

1- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream

Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract. Fit your mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until smooth. While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream. Stop and scrap the bottom of the bowl a couple of times while you continue whipping until the cream can hold a stiff peak. Yields 5 cups.

SweetSuzieQ Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 2:13am
post #11 of 12

FUNNY, I just made that icing this evening for my lemon/lime cake!!

Made it for the first time (omitted the almond extract and added lime juice) and it was sooo delish!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:10am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley51708

Sorry took so long to respond back, just got back on the computer. I actually got the whipped icing recipe from here on CC....

1- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream

Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract. Fit your mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until smooth. While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream. Stop and scrap the bottom of the bowl a couple of times while you continue whipping until the cream can hold a stiff peak. Yields 5 cups.

Is the amount of 10x sugar actually only 1/2 cup?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%