My First 3-Tier Wedding/anniversary Cake In July

Decorating By amcakemaker2011 Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 4:31pm by Sorelle

amcakemaker2011 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 2:54am
post #1 of 4

Hello ladies

I need some advice please. I am doing a 25th wedding/anniversary cake in July of this year. It will be my very first wedding cake and i am just starting out but i know that i will do great on it. I need to know what would look really pretty on the cake of a design. The cake itself will be white and the trim will have Silver ribbon around it. Should i put some sugar dots that are silver or get the sugar dots and put edible silver glitter on them and put them on the cake? And on the tiers where and how many dowels should i put in the cake. The cake will be assembled at the reception hall.. Please let me know i would really appreciate it. Suggestions on how i could decorate the cake are welcome

3 replies
CakemummyCC Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 3:26am
post #2 of 4

My suggestion is to look at the photo galleries here on CC, there are sooo many beautiful designs to inspire will be spoilt for choice as there are so many talented decorators here..Good luck..

2txmedics Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 4

What I do also after looking in here, is I do a general search on the net and type in the kind of cake Im looking to make and I go to IMAGES and look at all the cakes that pop up.

Sorelle Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 4

I use cake straws instead of dowels( sooo much easier and more stable too) and the # of straws depends on the size of the cake. I use 7 on a 10" 5 or 6 on an 8" hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%