Air Brush Kit

Decorating By Chantalscreativecakes Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 12:28am by Chantalscreativecakes

Chantalscreativecakes Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hello there!
Currently, cake making is a passionate hobby of mine but I would eventually like to get more serious about it. I'm looking to get an airbrushing kit and wondering what brand to look for or ones to avoid. I don't need a "top of the line" model, but I also don't want a "cheap" one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

ChantalsCreativeCakes

4 replies
annie84 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 5

I have a Grex airbrush and really like it. It's the only one I've ever used so I'm not sure if it's a top of the line model or what. But I used it for the first time in a class with Rick Reichart from Cakelava and it seemed like everyone in the class liked it. You can buy the whole kit (compressor, airbrush, hose, etc, etc) from Icing Inspirations in Kitchener. Pretty sure they have free shipping

Funfunkybaker Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 5

Haven't ever used one but I am thinking about getting one myself. I have been looking on eBay and found some Wilton airbrushes with compressor and colors for about $150.00. Since Wilton is such a big name don't think they would put their name on something that was junk. Check it out! If you get one let me know which one and how you like it.
Brandon

2txmedics Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 5

This is the one I use, and I love it...Ive had it 2yrs...comes with compressor, 2 pens, one is org. priced alone at 90.00...and comes fully stocked....on sale for 122.00

http://www.airbrushcity.com/cd2010.htm

Chantalscreativecakes Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 12:28am
post #5 of 5

Hey all, thanks for your ideas. I ended up going with a Salon Air Master Model tc-60 mini air compressor. I got it on Ebay. It came with three different airbrushes, 2 extra hoses and 12 small bottles of assorted colours. It was about about $160 with shipping (international).
Its definitely going to take some practice getting used to the subtleties of the airbrush but I think it will be a great tool to have.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%