Circus Cake For 1St Birthday

Decorating By newhere2011 Updated 10 Apr 2011 , 12:47am by mommynana

newhere2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newhere2011 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 9

I'm new to the site and already addicted. icon_biggrin.gif I'm needing ideas for a circus cake for twins first birthday for about 60 people, I don't even know where to start so any ideas would be appreciated.

8 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 9

My suggestion would be to go to the gallery section here on CC and do a search. Just put in the term "circus" and see what comes up. There have been many lovely circus cakes here. You could also do a google search for "circus cakes". This is the way I get ideas for my cakes. I don't often copy a cake exactly, but I get a lot of designs by taking one element from one cake, one or two from another and so on, until it's right in my mind (and all within my skill range, of course!). HTH

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 9

I`m making a curcus cake for my granddaughters cake for next month and a I made an elephant, a giraffe, a monkey, a bear, a clown. a pretzel and a hotdog and for the top of the cake i made a popcorn box

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 9

oh BTY if u need any toturials on makeng animals let me know

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 9

I have a clown/circus cake in my pictures. It was a simple two tiered bc cake with fondant accents, and I made the fondant clown topper. I would have made some fondant circus animals, but the mom did not want to pay extra for me to make them. I think this cake served 40, but you could make a similar design to serve 60. HTH!

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 9

I know this has nothing to do with the cake but make sure you check out Micheals. They have a ton of Circus themed stuff in thier dollar section.

The have goodie bags, Masks and cupcake liners and some other stuff

newhere2011 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone!

newhere2011 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommynana

oh BTY if u need any toturials on makeng animals let me know

I would love some! Thanks! icon_smile.gif