4.8.11 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 11:13pm by LaFleur

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 5:35pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

cakegirl1973
Didn't mean to misrepresent. That why "representing" was in quotes. I'm not an attorney. I served of the Board of Zoning Adjustment for 6 years, the last year as Chair, so I know a wee bit about zoning. I'm a techno geek about zoning..

Well, good luck nonetheless! You might want to look into non-profit law groups in your area to see if an attorney might be willing to assist you pro bono. Just a thought. Again, good luck. And don't let a hot shot attorney intimidate you. We all put our pants on one leg at a time! icon_smile.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 6:46pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFleur

Are there any tips in the forum section about how to make a full size sheet cake? I have my first bonafide order, and it is for graduation in June. She wants two full size sheet cakes, one carrot and the other chocolate. I've never made a cake that big, but want to do it for the experience.

First, make sure you are both using the correct terminology. A full sized sheet cake is 18" X 24" (actaully closer to 18" x 26") snd if 2" tall, serves 216. TWO of those will indeed be huge. She really needs cake for 432 servings?

Will the pan even fit in your oven?

I think leah_s meant to say "if 2 layers tall", not "2 inches tall".

So, a one-layer (2" tall) full sheet would serve between 98-108,
and a two-layer (4" tall) full sheet (a.k.a. "kitchen cake") would serve 196-216
(depending on if actual size is 16" x 24" or 18" x 24").

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 8:36pm
post #33 of 34

ahhh . . . correct. Still that's a lot of cake.

LaFleur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaFleur Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 11:13pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:

ahhh . . . correct. Still that's a lot of cake.

I agree! I think I'll bake 4 half sheets with a heat core, and assemble them together for each cake. I'm gonna do the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and the chocolate cake she wants a mousse filling with chocolate icing. Not sure what kind of mousse would be good, but will probably make chocoate meringue buttercream. Chocolate mousse is good, but I thought that might be an overload on the chocolate.

How far ahead should I be able to bake the cakes? The event is on a Saturday night, so I was going to bake one cake Thursday night, the other friday night, and then assemble, frost and decorate all day Saturday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%