Brontosaurus Figure?!

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 10 Apr 2011 , 2:43am by SammieB

CiNoRi Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 1:22am
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I have cake next week (Small 8 incher) that they want a figure of a brontosaurus on top. any suggestions on how to create/ support him?

I'm really worried about the long neck and tail!

Thanks!!!

4 replies
CiNoRi Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 5

anyone? icon_wink.gif

CiNoRi Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 5

And actually to be a little more specific... i guess i just am never really sure on how to support something like this...and is it possible to have him supported but also look like the head, neck, body, and tail are all on piece?

soledad Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 5

CiNoRi
Hi! If your cake is an eight in. I believe your figure is not going to be so large, therefore your figure does not need so much support. Of course I do not have too much experience, but this is what I would do: google the image, I would think a 1/2 page image or full page print it, roll you sugar medium(fondant, gumpaste or pastillaje) roll it thick and cut the shape. Work the cut out with your hands to give it its form and let it dry, put something under the chin to hold while it dries. I hope this will give you some help. icon_smile.gif Oh, and maybe you can put some tall palm tree so that he does not look so lonely. icon_smile.gif
CIAO

SammieB Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 2:43am
post #5 of 5

I just did a brontosaurus today, and I used a bamboo skewer through the head down to the tail. My brontosaurus was laying down though, so that really helped. See my photos of the dinosaur cake for details.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%