Cake In Fridge

Decorating By missrayburn Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 10:07pm by NanaSandy

missrayburn Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 4

I am fairly new to making fondant covered cakes and usually don't cover and decorate them until the day of delivery (something about doing it ahead of time scares me icon_sad.gif )

Sooo...I see people make and fully decorate cakes the day before delivery and wonder where you store them. Room temp? Fridge? I've read all about condensation, bubbles, etc. on the forums and that worries me!

Thanks!!!!!

3 replies
dukeswalker Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 4

I think it really depends on where you live. I live in AZ - it is always dry and usually hot. Our room temp in the summer, with the AC on is around 80-82. I have to store my completed cakes in the fridge. I never have a problem with bubbles/condensation/etc...

yums Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 4

I always put mine in the fridge too. I have separate one down stairs I use only for cake stuff. It scares me to let it set out, the icing gets soft, bugs could get it, my 2 yr old could throw something at it......I worry about everything. To me the fridge is the safest/cleanest spot for it and I have never had a problem.

NanaSandy Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 4

I don't refrigerate, but I don't use fillings or frostings that need to be refrigerated. I box them, to protect them for elements.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%