Food/icing Coloring Stains - How To Remove Easily.

Lounge By manman1977 Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 5:33pm by cashley

manman1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manman1977 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 2

Okay. So I'm new to the whole cake decorating arena. But I have learned one tip that is a life saver when using very dark coloring. While I tend to be very careful with my icing colors - I'm constantly finding it on my hands, counter tops, etc... Well the other day. I was making a batch of colored BC and I was using really bright colors and I got the colors on my counter top. I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser very quickly to get it out and while I was holding the magic eraser I noticed some of the food coloring got on my white blouse. I just knew it wasn't going to come out. But without hesitation - I tood the magic eraser (it was already wet) and I scrubbed the spot on my shirt and it came out like a charm. So I wondered if it would remove other stains. I have 2 boys - 10 years old and 3 years old so we have a ton of stains come through laundry every week. I used the magic eraser - pants dry/not washed yet - magic eraser wet and ready to clean and I be dogged if it didn't remove the grass stain in my son's pants.

I'm loving the Magic Eraser. I know this doesn't have much to do with Cake Decorating but it's something I discovered while I was decorating. Did anyone else know that the Magic Eraser could do that to clothing stains?

Thanks!

1 reply
cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 2

Yes I knew that as my son is a chef and wearing white always has stains lol.. You just have to be careful because it can cause wear on your clothes. A friend tried it on a car to see what it would do(he works in a scrap yard), it took the paint off the car lol...

I use it on my hands if I have stained them from coloring fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%