Bettercreme ?

Decorating By Mfattore Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 3:04pm by Mfattore

Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 3

I want to use Bettercreme for some cupcake bouquets this weekend for an open house for my mom. I love the taste but it doesnt pipe right with all the air bubbles. Am I doing something wrong? Does everyone's Bettercreme have a ton of large air and how do pipe rosettes that look half-way decent? Thanks!

2 replies
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 3:12am
post #2 of 3

Hi are you buying the kind that you whip/or pre-whiped bucket? Either one you need to whip a little and you don't have to mix it long.. I think maybe you are mixing at too high a speed...getting more air in the mixture. Also are you using the whip/or paddle beather. I use the paddle not the wisk beater. And if it is the liquid bettercream if it gets too think then just add a little bit more to get back to the consistancy. Have you ever tried the chocolate bettercream? it is like chocolate ice cream ..yummy.
Also i have found that once your done leave the cake out (unless filled cake) and it will set fine that won't melt when it is warm ... if in the fridge the whole time.. it will tend to sweat and melt easier.

I am out of bettercream right now.. i love it is so easy to work with and does taste great. You can buy it at GFS and also at sams depending what the quantity you want.
good luck.. boy.. i am off tonight.. I hope that I answered your question.. better get back to my fondnat... have a good night.

Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for answering. I buy the liquid in the carton, I do use the whisk and higher speed. I will try the paddle and make sure to use a slower speed. It just pipes crappy looking cupcake swirls when its so bubbly. Thanks and if anyone else has any different tips I am open to all help! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%