Wanting To Make A Statement

Decorating By abunintheoven Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 2:34am by abunintheoven

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 4:02am
post #1 of 4

I was invited to a bridal show (my very first one) in May. Not sure what to expect so I am sure it will be a learning experience. I went to the bridal show in my town in january to "scope" it out & only 2 cake vendors were there with traditional 3 tier white wedding cakes & a second cake but on a smaller scale. I know I want to take a sculpted cake (ex. bucket of popcorn) to display my range but not sure on the actual wedding cake. I want to stand out & be noticed but I don't want to go too far & scare off the traditional brides out there. Any advice for a newbie to the wedding bridal fair world would be greatly appreciate. Any previous experience on reactions to your cakes at shows....whether it is classic & traditional or just a bit out of the ordinary. I would appreciate it any input as my mind is going in a thousand directions. And any input on if bridal shows are really worth all the effort/time/etc. As I said, I am sure this will be a big learning curve for me. Thanks so much!!!

3 replies
WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 4:21am
post #2 of 4

I did a 10 tier cake with a Cinderella theme... it was HUGE. It wasn't perfect (I did it in one day - completeing in just an hour or so before the show), but it got a lot of attention. I kept it on the back table so people couldn't see the flaws in it. Heh.

I also did a 6 tier cake for the front dummy and I had pictures of my work. People were in awe at my booth because my cakes were so HUGE while the other cake vendors had a few 3 tiered dummies.

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:31am
post #3 of 4

I agree with WykdGud - you should have a couple of larger tiers. It would also be good if you could show one sort of like Indy Debi did where she had a square dummy and two sides of the design were in one color and the other two adjoining sides were another color so the brides could have a visual in the same design of different colors.

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:34am
post #4 of 4

thank you for your thoughts!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%