Not Enough Filling

Decorating By kneenah Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 4:03am by JanH

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 3:05am
post #1 of 7

for some reason i put filling in my cakes and ppl say there isnt enough.. i just made a cake for my wilton course i put extra extra filling and when i went to taste i still felt like the filling was thin.. how can i make my filling thicker so it wont only taste like cake and frosting

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 3:10am
post #2 of 7

Here's a sleeved pastry filling usage chart by cake sizes:
(So you can compare how much they recommend and you actually use.)

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/ckideas/ckidea.aspx?Occ1Id=&ideaId=168&idea=494&occasion=General%20Cake%20Instructions

HTH

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 3:21am
post #3 of 7

Jan, I've never seen a chart like that, thanks for posting.

kneenah Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 3:25am
post #4 of 7

thanks but what thick should the cake be... lets say i make two 8'' cakes i fill it using the chart but some reason it still has too much cake... i actually use those same fillings in that link... :0( i dont get where i am doing wrong... do u think its cuz i am using the gel kind of fillings and those dont really get high height wise.. i dont know

JanH Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 3:29am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneenah

thanks but what thick should the cake be... lets say i make two 8'' cakes i fill it using the chart but some reason it still has too much cake...

If you want MORE filling then torte your cake layers. Or if you already torte - torte them into MORE layers until you have as many layers of filling as you desire in proportion to the layers of cake.

It's easy to have at least 3 layers of filling in a 2 layer cake (torte each layer in half and also use filling between the layers instead of using frosting). Some members have 5-7 layers of filling in a 2 layer cake (just torte each layer two or three times).

HTH

kneenah Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 3:48am
post #6 of 7

I was thinking a little something like that, I am going to have to try that.. I am making a BINGO card cake for my mother in law who has never taste my cakes.. as a matter of fact i dont think she even knows i am into baking so i will def try it.. thank you sooooo much...

JanH Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 4:03am
post #7 of 7

Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%