Shipping A Cake

Decorating By kyarger Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 1:18am by thebrat68

kyarger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyarger Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 1:40am
post #1 of 3

I want to know if anyone has ever shipped a tiered cake UPS, USPS or FedEx? If so how did you get it there in one piece? And do you have any tips on how to ship cupcakes and other cakes?

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 12:49am
post #2 of 3

Sorry to be a negative nellie, but my advice about shipping cakes, especially multi-tiered ones, is "don't". It's hard enough to get a complicated cake from one side of the city to the other in my car with non-skid mats under it. If it's more than two tiers, I don't even finish assembling it until I get to the venue. I wouldn't even attempt to ship a cake in a box that will in all probability be thrown around and slammed in with a bunch of other boxes. Maybe there's a more intrepid spirit here with some better ideas than I have?

thebrat68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebrat68 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 1:18am
post #3 of 3

I would love to know if there is a way to ship a cake also... I have a son in the Marine Corps that has been away from home over a year and would love to get a cake to share with him buddies.... Cookies and brownies are nice but I would love to create something fun, and have there be a hope and a prayer that it get to him in one piece.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%